Hello! I hope everyone’s monday wasn’t too bad. I spent my last “weekend” day driving around and running errands.
1. I think my biggest news this tuesday is that I hiked my first 14er on Sunday! Super proud, check out my recap here. By the way, I’m more sore from that hike than I am from lifting! The muscles above my butt, ya know, the ones you use to push your self up, ya, those hurt!
2. I’m getting really nervous for the Wild West Relay….starts this Friday!!! I’m not so much worried about the actual running part as the getting everything I need part. It’s going to be a mini vacation. I’ll be out of town thursday night to sunday afternoon. I’ll of course have a pre-race review later this week.
3. I’ve been watching the Olympics as much as I can. I’m not a olympic fanatic at all, though, I just like watching the different sports. I don’t follow along, or know who’s in the lead, etc….I just watch whatever is airing for the mere joy of watching competition in general. The only sport I do really follow is Beach Volleyball. LOVE the sport! Makes me miss my old volleyball days (I haven’t played in YEARS!) And of course, I root for Misty May and Kerri Walsh! Duh! Well, I do watch a little bit of the marathon stuff…but let’s all be honest here…running is BORING to watch. So I usually just catch the end.
Last Week’s Goals Update:
1. To start lifting. So far, so good….I didn’t end up lifting on tuesday…but I did lift on wednesday and friday. I did an upper body workout on tuesday and a lower body workout on thursday. It felt gooooood. I forgot how much I like lifting. It makes me feel sexy, lol, and awesome when I’m pretty much the only girl on the weights side of the gym.
2. Stretching. Bad. Lol well, not horrible. I’ve been stretching after runs and stuff, but not on my off days. I know for sure, I better do a lot of stretching during the Wild West Relay!
And that’s about it for this Tuesday!