Holy crap! It’s a week into August!?! GEEZ!
This Tuesday Newsday is brought to you today by a random thing I think about while writing about running:
– I’ve been typing the word marathon A LOT. Is it weird that every time I type it, my fingers want to keep on typing and add a G at the end…yes, I type marathong on a regular basis – so regularly that I’m instinctually started back spacing after typing the word because I know I’ll have to delete the last letter. Is there such a thing as a Freudian Typo??
Anyway, my news for this week:
1) As you know, last weekend I participated in the Wild West Relay. It was a blast! I had a lot of fun! I met some great new people, and got a lot of running in. Definitely a new experience. I’m working on getting a full post put together. Click here for a quickie review and some pictures from the event.
2) My lifting is still going; I’ve been doing weight training about two times a week, with a third day being something that isn’t strictly weights, but still makes me work my muscles. Like, today, I join my friend Shay for abs class and indoor climbing. Last week, both definitely made me sore…so sore, sneezing hurts!
3) Stretching is still the same, I’m working on putting together my stretching routine for you all, whether you want to see it or not, because I think it will force me to focus on stretching more.
4) After the relay race, my racing schedule is kinda slow right now. I think the next race I have planned is mid September, but knowing me, I’ll probably sign up for something random. BUT marathong, I mean MARATHON training starts NEXT weekend!!! So once that kicks into gear, Tuesday Newsdays will be WAY more exciting!