Molly over at Molly on the Run “challenged” her readers to complete the running quiz she found. Because I don’t have much else to talk about, that’s what I have for you guys. Although, I’m having flashbacks to myspace days, and all the quizzes I would do on there…..
1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
-My favorite chews while running are those Stinger Energy Chews. So far, I have only found them at whole foods, but they’re super delicious and give me plenty of energy.
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
-Well, so far the farther I’ve run is a 1/2 marathon…but it is my favorite distance. I really don’t like 5k or 10k’s much anymore. I feel like you have to sprint the whole time to get a decent time. The 1/2 is a great distance to challenge yourself. Although, I am training for a full…and I’m almost hoping that it DOESN’T become my favorite.
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
-Depends on the weather? I don’t know, I just run in whatever is clean. But winter is arriving fast in Colorado, and I refuse to run my 15-20 mile runs inside….so I’ll have to figure out some good winter running pants.
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
-If I purchase a sports drink at the store, it’s Gatorade. But when I’m running, I tend to just stick with water.
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?
-Can we just go in the middle? I like fall running. I don’t like being cold. Ever. And the heat just kills me.
6. Running Shoe Brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brookes, Asics or Other?
– I’m running in Asics currently. I do like them a lot. When I was younger, I ran in Adidas….horrible. Nike is alright for just staying in shape but I personally wouldn’t wear them for hard core running training. But I definitely want to try other brands.
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
– Banana, hard boiled eggs, blueberry muffin or a energy bar of some sort. I switch it up quite often. I have a fairly compliant stomach, so I have lots of options. But ALWAYS coffee.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other?
-The training program I doing for my full marathon has me resting 2-3 days a week (one of those being a cross-training day). I usually am pretty active, so it’s about 2 rest days a week.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
-NEED IT! Desperately. Cannot run without it.
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or Other?
– I have so many reasons, I can’t just pick one. How many do you want me to list? Running is a stress relief, I love the endorphins feeling, racing is super fun, yes – it lets me eat almost anything I want, I’ve never had much a weight issue but it keeps me from gaining weight, I don’t actually run with people too much – so there’s not much social aspects for me, minus the blogging world. But mainly, I run because it’s something to focus on. I have no idea what I want to do with my life, but I know that I will always have running. Running is always there for me..it never cancels on me or backs out on plans. When it comes to my project, it’s giving me a goal to set my mind to so that while I figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Running keeps me from going crazy.
TO ALL YOU RACING THIS WEEKEND: RUN HARD! Especially my Chicago Marathoners!!!! I know Amy at Lavender Parking is in Chicago for her first Marathon!!
I will be doing the Race for the Cure in Denver this weekend. This will be the 13th year I’ve done this race!