Why Heeeelllloooo there!!! (In a Mrs. Doubtfire Voice)
Let me introduce myself: I’m Whitney! I like to run.
I recently passed the 200 blog follower mark (not including the twitter and Facebook followers)! It makes me feel super special! (still surprised I even have one follower)
Just Kidding! I actually really do enjoy writing this blog, even if it’s only to keep my family posted on my adventures and myself accountable for training. But clearly I must entertain 200 people.
Before, I hit 200, I was nominated or the Liebster award, only I was in the middle of Personal Training school, and took a long break from the blogging world to concentrate on my studies.
With the Liebster award people had to fit these qualifications:
“this is an award for smaller blogs, with fewer than 200 followers. the hope is that it will get us networking and talking to one another, and meeting more awesome people! the rules (per se) are as follows:
- recognize the blogger who nominated you
- write 11 things about yourself
- answer the 11 questions your nominator asked
- nominate some new peeps
- come up with 11 more questions for your nominees to answer”
I was nominated by this lovely writer Jenn at be infinite. Her blog is one of the first blogs I started following and she was one of my first followers as well. I love her writing style and hope to get to run a race with her in the grand state of Kentucky! She is currently training for a powerlifting but still is a runner at heart.
Even though I’m not under 200 followers anymore (really this is my way of getting out of nominating new “peeps,” because I really hate picking people out), I thought it would be a good way to introduce myself to the new followers as well as tell everyone a little bit more about myself. So here it goes:
11 Things About ME:
1. Clearly I like running. No, but really, I LOVE running. Like, I’m constantly thinking about things I can do with my life that involve running. It’s pretty obsessive.
2. Something that I think about MORE than running? Zombies. Yes, Zombies. Big zombie fan. Like scary zombies, funny zombie, zombie books, zombie movies, zombie comics, zombie pictures. I want a zombie inspired tattoo. And I even declared that if I do ever decide to get married some day, I will have a zombie themed cake, much to my mom’s protests. (I was also a zombie for halloween last year).
3. I’ve recently gotten certified as a Personal Trainer, but I previously have a bachelors degree in Zoology.
4. I have 3.5 tattoos. I have three spots on my body that are tattooed, but one is a cover up, hence the point five.
5. I also have a handful of piercings, including two dermals. Which I feel makes me pretty tough.
6. I’m an only child (explains a lot, huh?).
7. I used to hate cooking. Like, hated it! In the last year or two, I have really taken up a liking for it, and one might even say I love it now.
8. I read a lot of teen books. Like, all the supernatural teen series: vampires, werewolves, and my new favorite theme: Distopian Societies (i.e. hunger games, the Matched series, and I really want to read the Divergent series next). Yes, you’re allowed to make fun of me.
9. I really do love to travel. Literally (almost) anywhere. I know a lot of people say that, but I will be a sad person if I don’t get to travel a lot before I’m old. I’m one of those people that would rather live in a tiny house and spend my money on traveling.
10. I have a doggie named Tristan. He is a border collie/australian shepherd mix. I also have a beautiful, white fluffy cat, Una. They are named from (one of) my favorite movies, “Stardust.”
11. I’m pretty crafty when I want to be. I used to be really into scrapbooking; preserving my memories and such. But that has been put on hold due to lack of my own space and funds. I recently turned some old tshirts into new shirts! That was pretty fun!
Here are the 11 questions I was asked:
1. if nutrition weren’t a concern, and you could only eat three meals/dishes/items for the next year, what would they be?
-Oh god, hardest question ever! I love food way to much to just pick three! But I’ll go with sushi of some sort, pho and pesto pasta with sautéed veggies.
2. what was your favorite class or subject in school?
-Science. All types of science.
3. you get to spend an entire day with one celebrity or otherwise famous person (even if they’re not currently alive – let’s be imaginative!) – who would it be?
-Michael Crichton, the author. I love his books (except Rising Sun and Disclosure, those were law mystery type of books). He’s super smart, great writing style and has fun stories. I’m currently reading Congo.
4. favorite animal to visit at the zoo?
5. how many tries did it take you to pass your driving test?
– Just one
6. you’re going to the movies – what snacks do you get to bring in with you?
-CANDY!!! A gummy, sour type AND a chocolate type. The boyfriend always gets popcorn, so i’ll sneak a couple handfuls of that too.
7. speaking of movies – what’s your absolute favorite?
-Right now?? WORLD WAR Z. Seriously, I’ve seen it once, and it was instantly added to my favorites list.
8. if i were to go through the dashboard of your car right now, what would i find?
-A ton of maps from all the states I’ve personally driven through, my ice scaper, two flashlights, my car maintance book, and my car insurance proof. I only know this so detailed because I was literally just in there a couple hours ago.
9. do you speak any other languages besides english? (we all know you know at least one word of german!)
-Not really. I took 4 years of spanish and barely remember it. Actually, I can listen decently, I just can’t speak it back.
10. favorite board game?
11. what was your dream job as a kid? (aka, what did you want to be when you grew up??)
-A veterinarian. I really did. Strange path life takes us on, huh? I got my zoology degree thinking that’s what I wanted to do, but after working as a tech for a handful of years and seeing up close and personal what the job responsibilities were, I opted out. Couldn’t handle surgeries.
After this part, I was supposed to nominate some other bloggers that have less that 200 followers and asked them 11 question, but I have a hard time picking, so, you can check out the blogs I read on my blog roll. However, I do have ONE question that I would like all of you to answer:
1. Leave me a comment telling me who you are, how you found my blog and one quick, weird fact about yourself!
Now that you know a little bit more about me, I hope you continue to follow my blog. I know I’m a little crazy, but luckily for you, I mostly write about running and fitness.
You can read more about me and my history with running here. Also, the main reason I started this blog was to stay accountable for tyring to run a race in every state. You can read about that and my project here. I’m up to 10 states, and recently just finished my first marathon.
I’m also pretty active in the facebook, twitter, instagram and pinterest worlds. You can catch fitness/running articles/pictures/inspirational quotes/workouts I like and more pictures of my crazy life.
18 thoughts on “Welcome New Followers!”
Hi, I’m getting into running a bit more, and found your blog bouncing around after reading the T-Rex Runner’s blog. I’m trying to run 500 km in races between ages 50 and 51.
Ah, I love T-Rex Runner’s blog. That’s an awesome goal! i love it!
Hi! Runner fanatic here, too. Fairly new to blogging, started just a few months ago. Where was your first marathon? I am currently training for my 6th.
My first marathon was in Vermont. The vermont city marathon..it was a great race!! That’s awesome you’re on you’re 6th, I think I just decided that I’m going to start training for my next one..
That’s great! Didn’t it rain this year during your marathon?
The WHOLE time. Well, maybe 99% of the time 🙂
Hi! I’m Jeska and I tumbled upon your blog from another blog. One weird fact about me? I always imagine the other side of the story. So if someone asked their significant other to move away and travel with them and they said yes….what would have happened if they had said no?
I always get lost in thoughts like that too!! Like, would I still have been where I’m at now if I grew up in a different state…or something like that
Gosh, I don’t remember how I found you but think I’ve been following you since the start of mine.
Weird fact about me? I have a fear of fish. Not dead ones but live squirmy swimming ones. If you threw me in a fish-filled body of water, I would have a full-on panic attack and, most likely, die. Too weird?
fish?? That might be too weird. I don’t know though, I dno’t like birds at all….which I find strange because I was a zoology major. Do you eat fish???
Oh yes. The issue is just with live fish. 🙂
I found your blog when you followed mine. Good decision on my part. Weird fact: I like to climb mountains, but I’m afraid of heights. And I really don’t like it when people hang over railings on high buildings. That weirds me out.
That’s a very weird fact. So, do you just not look around when you’re hiking???
I’m not sure what it is. I do look around, but usually I’m concentrating on what I’m doing, so my mind is more occupied. And it could be feeling safer around “natural” exposure vs. “man-made” exposure. Weird, huh? I’ll be tested on this big-time in a few weeks. Got another climb planned, and the heights on this one will be spookier than anything I’ve done thus far. Yay for experimentation!
what climb do you have planned?? Like a 14er kind of climb? or like rock climbing??
Going with a friend and some of his buds up Capitol Peak. Really looking forward to the challenge, and seeing how I fare with some of the poop-your-pants exposure on the knife-edge of its ridge!
I found your blog because you commented on someone else’s blog asking about Run for the Zoo, and I was like, I KNOW THAT RACE! Weird fact: I should have been a dermatologist because I am completely fascinated by rashes and skin conditions which is really, really disgusting.
That’s right!!! And now it’s been well over a year!! That’s a very weird fact…you would have loved the vet world then. I saw all sorts of skin rashes and conditions on animals.