(in no particular order)
1. Run a race in every state. (12/50 done!)
2. Do at least one triathlon
Do at least one full marathon (Completed May 28th, 2013! I did the Vermont City Marathon, and proud of it too!)
Travel to new places! (I guess I got this one covered since I’ve already been to a few places I have never been! lol!)
Meet some cool new people along the way (I’ve already met some cool new people! I love talking to random people while I’m traveling and have made some really great friends)
6. Maybe inspire someone to get in shape, start a new goal or to start running.
7. Qualify for the Boston Marathon.
7A. Run the Boston Marathon 🙂
8. Get my Half Marathon time under 1:40
9. Break 50 minutes in a 10k
10. Hike all of the Colorado 14ers (I’ve done three so far).
11. A Disney Marathon or half – I’d love to do the Goofy Challenge or the Princess half…or BOTH!
12. Run a race in another country
A Rock n’ Roll race somewhere (Denver Rock n’ Roll 10k, 10/20/19)
A relay race (check! August 3-4, 2012, I did the Wild West Relay!, and I’ve done many since)
15. Drink a craft brew in each state.
16. Visit all of Colorado’s Hot Springs
17. Climb the tallest peak in each state.
18. Run the Urban Bourbon in Kentucky
19. Climb or Hike Mt. Whitney
20. Climb Vestal Peak (Get it? My last name).
21. Run the Carlsbad 5000
22. Run the Mount Dessert Island Marathon (or half)
23. Run Big Sur! Doesn’t that race look beautiful?!
24. See the Northern Lights!
25. Do a Route 66 road trip
26. Ride the maid of the mist at Niagara Falls.
27. See Gwar in concert.
28. Canoe in the Everglades National Park (from top to sea, with camping).
29. Camel ride to see the Egyptian tombs.
30. See the pyramids of Giza in person.
31. Complete a multi-day thru-hike.
32. Hike the John Muir Trail
33. Hike every trail in Rocky Mountain National Park.
34. See the Golden Gate Bridge.
Attend Frozen Dead Guy Days in Nederland and see the coffin races.
36. Go on a hot air balloon ride.
37. Hike to Machu Picchu
38. Celebrate Oktoberfest in Germany.
39. Go to Salem, Massachusetts during Halloween-time.
40. Do all the Harry Potter things… Harry Potter world at Universal Studios, Harry Potter Studio in London…
41. Do a Route 66 road trip.
42. Visit every National Park (worldwide).
43. See all of Colorado’s State Parks
44. Ski or snowboard in the Alps
45. Go to a lantern lighting festival.
46. See humpback whales in person.
47. Swim with dolphins.
48. HOLD A SLOTH.
49. Go on an African Safari.
50. Attend the Iditarod in Alaska.
51. Float in the Dead Sea.
6 thoughts on “Travel & Running Bucket List”
I know about every runner has done it, that I know of, but You should do the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston if you haven’t already. I just started running last October, and I am doing this as my first Race!
I love your blog and all the things on your to do list are great. Thanks for following me – you also have a new follower !
thank you!!! I like your’s a lot too!
Very cool. Lookin forward to updates. I got my own “project” I’m working up to sharing. You do inspire. Keep it up.
Very ambitious! Best of luck! Keep us posted.
Pingback: Denver Rock N’ Roll 10k – Post Race Review | Racing & Wandering