I have some GREAT news for this Tuesday Newsday!!!
1. Guess what!?! I. QUIT. MY. JOB. That’s right!!! You’ve probably seen me write multiple times about how much I hated my job, well, after a few borderline sexual harassment comments, a night of yelling and cussing, I did what I have never done before, and I walked out on my job – without two weeks notice. At first I was freaking out and I didn’t want my family or anyone else to think I’m stupid for not having a back up plan, but after explaining what went down, everyone was glad I got out of there. My mom even saying, “That man is out of control!” I could write 5+ long blog posts about things I didn’t like, things my old boss would say, the horrible way that business was run and managed…but this blog is about running, so I wont get into that. All you guys need to know is that that man was not just a horrible boss, but a negative, rude person and on top of him in general, the weird night hours and not ever knowing what time I would be getting off in a given night, the clientele, and the influence of the day clinic we rented out was really taking a tole of my physical and emotional health.
2. News number two: I GOT A NEW JOB! Yeah, the same week – because I’m awesome like that! I really lucked out! I knew I was already planning on putting my two weeks notice in, so I had an interview already lined up last week. After the crazy comments said to me, two weeks notice became two seconds notice, and I went into my interview with the notion that I HAD to get it. I interviewed on Wednesday, came in for a working interview on Thursday, started my NEW job on Friday. The owner told me that she really liked my energy and thought I would get along really well there. So far, so good! I do like it there (even though, I don’t want to count my chickens before they hatch), and everyone seems really nice. It is still is a veterinary clinic, but they actually specialize half in the holistic/chinese medicine kinda of things (aka, treating with herbs first to attack the underlying problem rather than the symptoms) which is really interesting to learn that side of veterinary medicine. The only problem I have with this new place is they listen to country music. BLEH!
3. Anyway, in the near future, I’d like to split Tuesday Newsday into partly an accountability post for myself. When I start marathon training, part of Tuesdays will be to go over the last weeks training and see how I did and what I can improve on.
4. So here goes the accountability: I wrote a couple weeks ago that I wanted to start weight training again. Well, that has barely happened, and by barely, I mean, I lifted once, with my household weights. Due to the busy-ness and stressfulness of the last two weeks (I was also house sitting through all the crazy job stuff), I haven’t had a chance to physically go to the gym. I really have noticed I feel a lot more weak than I have, and I’d like to get my muscle tone back. After starting the new job, I found a 24 hour fitness right on the way home from the new clinic which is PERFECT in more ways than one (I can now avoid the ex’s gym lol). So, my goal for this week is to go to the gym and lift today after work and Thursday.
5. Another goal I have is to stretch more!! Preferably twice a day, but let’s just start with once a day to get into the habit. I usually stretch after running, though sometime its half-assed. I’ve done pretty well this last week and taken a good chunk of time to stretch after running, but on the few days I don’t run, I haven’t been stretching which I think needs to change. My muscles feel really tight lately, and to improve my running and prepare for marathon training I think I need to get in this habit.
6. The Wild West Relay is in a week and a half! I’m getting kinda nervous! I chose the second highest amount of running out of the whole group – am I insane!? I’ll have to do a pre-race review for this and talk all about it.
However, last but not least I would like to mention one last thing:
Seeing as I am from Colorado, I’d like to take a second to say that my heart and my thoughts go out to the victims and their families that were involved in the Aurora Theater Shooting. When I heard this news, it made me really sad. I can’t even imagine what was going through people’s minds that were there. It’s too close to home for me and just brings back memories of me being in the 6th grade, hearing the news about the Columbine tragedy, a school in my school district. The whole incident last Friday just is so horrifying. I can’t even imagine!