Disclaimer: I received the FlipBelt Crops to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!
“You’re off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So… get on your way!”
― Dr. Seuss,
I remember first seeing the FlipBelt at the Colfax Marathon Expo a few years ago. I thought it was the coolest thing and idea. I didn’t end up buying one because at the time I couldn’t afford it (in full disclosure, I was running the marathon relay on a free team paid for by one of my jobs).
I finally got my hands on one in the last year and love it. I actually use it quite often. When I got the word that I was selected to try and review the new FlipBelt Crops, I was super excited. The idea of having one less item to wear, on my body, was very appealing!
These capri pants are probably the comfiest, softest and most functional piece of running clothing I own, but what I like the most is how versatile they are and how convenient they are for so many activities! The Dr. Seuss book “Oh, The Places You’ll Go” always pops into my head whenever I wear them. In the few short weeks they’ve been in my closet, I’ve worn them to so many different types of runs, events, and activities!
Oh, the Flip Belt Crops can take you….
…On The Road!
Above all, these crops were initially made for runners in general. It’s perfect to have a pair of pants with a built-in FlipBelt to carry your keys safely, your phone so you can listen to music and take pictures, and a zippered pocket for your ID, credit card or money if you need it. Plus there’s still room if you need to take gels or a water bottle with you!
…To The Trails!
Trail running is a breeze with these pants! And they are moisture-wicking so your legs don’t feel sticky or sweaty.
…With Me To Work!
In fact, I wore them to coach track so many times, my co-workers started calling them my “marsupial pants.” In addition to track practice, I wear them when I’m race directing!
...To The Stadium!
I coach Long Jump and Triple jump for a local high school. You don’t know HOW perfect these are for coaching! I can run up and down the side of the track with my phone, pens, note paper, and tape for my jumpers all on me!
…To The Crag!
PERFECT for climbing and I could easily keep my phone on me for pictures from the top or pictures of my clients (I also own a rock climbing guiding business).
…In The Gym!
It’s easy to keep my phone on me so I can listen to my pump up jams while I’m pumping up the iron!
…On The Yoga Mat!
Super comfy for all the yoga poses!
…To The Store!
My shopping list, phone, money, and keys are safe and sound while I navigate the isles of the grocery store.
…On A Hike!
Even if I’m hitting the trails for just a hike, I can easily carry my phone with me so I can take pictures of the beautiful views.
Features (These are straight from the website, but I’ve added my notes to describe the pros.)
- 76% Polyester 24% Spandex (i.e. SUPER soft fabric)
- Moisture-wicking (i.e. don’t stick to you even when you’re super sweaty)
- Antimicrobial fabric (i.e. don’t get smelly)
- Rear zipper pocket (i.e. safe and secure place for your ID and money)
- Internal key ring (i.e. secure your keys without the worry of losing them)
- Multiple front pocket openings (i.e. easy to get your belongings in and out of the pockets)
- Large phone pockets (i.e. plenty of space to carry what you need)
- 3M reflective logo (i.e. safety, always)
- Machine wash and dry (i.e. convenient ’cause who has time for hand washin’ and hang dryin’!?)
Some more pros I’ve noticed:
- They don’t bounce, twist or otherwise move around when I run EVEN with the pockets loaded up.
- The key hook is perfect for piece-of-mind while carrying my keys with me.
- Seriously, I’m going to say it again: These leggings are the comfiest and “softest” tights I’ve ever worn, including the seams; I didn’t even notice them!
- It is super easy to take your phone in and out of the pockets. No struggling or fumbling while running to get items back in the pockets like I’ve experienced with other running belts.
- They do fit the FlipBelt water bottles!
- Having the built-in belt really eliminates the feeling of wearing a ton of items/accessories. I feel way less bogged down by THINGS.
- Plus, they look GOOD! They are very attractive and stylish!
- They are a little warm. I can’t wear them when it’s about 70 degrees and up outside for a run; I just overheat. I hope they make a shorts version soon or maybe other, lighter colors!
- Not waterproof. If I sweat a ton (for example on longer and hotter runs), I notice that my phone gets a little wet, but not much.
Get yourself a pair!
Visit FlipBelt online! Use code “BIBRAVE” to get 25% off the FlipBelt Crops for a limited time.
See what other BibRave Pros are saying: